A Daily Photo site (Mon - Fri)

Share in the scenic beauty and attractions of KwaZulu Natal's Midlands ....

A shared photo site


(CLICK ON ANY IMAGE TO ENLARGE IT)


Tuesday, June 14, 2011

End of the day ...

On the way out to an evening appointment yesterday I was side-tracked by the most spectacular setting sun. I hate to confess it, but the image does not do justice to the sky – the light caught at centre screen was actually the most amazing sight with great rays of light radiating out into the skies above the hill on the horizon. Unfortunately I only had my trusty and usually more than adequate compact digital camera on hand – and the automatic (no override) shutter speed just could not capture what the human eye could see. The camera never lies – it just doesn’t always tell the whole story!!!
If you read yesterday’s post you’ll recall my mention of hay bales along with winter’s very green rye-grass fields, and here we see the two together. Something I had not seen before was that bales are now protection wrapped and left in-situ until needed – I guess I’m just not that aware of modern farming practice advances – but I’m learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment