A Daily Photo site (Mon - Fri)

Share in the scenic beauty and attractions of KwaZulu Natal's Midlands ....

A shared photo site


(CLICK ON ANY IMAGE TO ENLARGE IT)


Tuesday, June 28, 2011

One Tree ...

I like this composition – just another of those occasions where a single tree against the skyline stopped me in my tracks. It has before, and will again. 
What can I say – it’s incurable ;-)
I used the scene to check once more how well the rule of thirds really does create eye pleasing images from minimal subject matter. Take two thirds of the portrait as sky, and simply placing the tree at the intersection of the right third and lower one third dividing lines – voila, a balanced interesting image emerges, don’t you think? And yet again the Midlands clouds behaved just right.

1 comment: