A Daily Photo site (Mon - Fri)

Share in the scenic beauty and attractions of KwaZulu Natal's Midlands ....

A shared photo site


(CLICK ON ANY IMAGE TO ENLARGE IT)


Wednesday, June 15, 2011

How now ...

Taking a round trip from Howick through the Dargle Valley and then onwards via Boston and back along the R617, takes one very close (again) to the omnipresent iNhlosane. I had no intention of capturing yet another shot of the mountain, but my eye was caught by this herd of cattle – mostly young Angus stock I’m guessing from their reddish brown coats. In their number was a solitary white specimen – an obvious subject to try and capture. At first, as I got out of my car, he managed to get himself lost in the deep midst of his russet coloured brethren, but after my patiently waiting and calling in my best imitation of bovine lowing he slowly made his way to the front ranks of the herd for literally a minute before disappearing shyly back into the background. Patience (again) rewarded!

I increasingly understand the time and effort which goes into capturing those seemingly “in the right place at the right time” images we all find so amazing and appealing. A bit like overnight success – it takes a lot of waiting, patience and effort, but when you get the shot you hoped for it’s all worth the while.

No comments:

Post a Comment