A Daily Photo site (Mon - Fri)

Share in the scenic beauty and attractions of KwaZulu Natal's Midlands ....

A shared photo site


(CLICK ON ANY IMAGE TO ENLARGE IT)


Friday, July 1, 2011

The best I could do.....

Rather like the earlier old barn images of last week, the shack at Lions River had plenty of scope for interesting detail shots. The small neighbouring turquoise residence, where there were signs of life including colourful washing on the laundry lines, offered attractive potential but I felt that would have been a real invasion of privacy, and decided to keep to the washed out pastels and shadows of the seemingly abandoned building's verandah. All the time the words of the Mike Batt song about the Railway Hotel echoed through my mind ....


I had wanted much more for the first night with you, 
But the railway hotel was the best I could do. 
I knew the Savoy would have suited you well, 
But the best I could do was the railway hotel

Shadows and light can make or break a study like this, and I did try a couple of angles and heights to get the effect I wanted. Only back home did I notice I had made one common beginner's bloop - can you spot it? Nothing a bit of cropping couldn't fix, and I'm not telling - but I know it's there.

No comments:

Post a Comment